St. Ignatius

St. Ignatius
Daily Ignatian Prayer and Reflection - Ateneo de Davao University Basic Education

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 6 of Ignatian Reflection and Prayer #MAGIS

July 6, 2014 Sunday - Reflection by a Playschool Staff       Matthew 11:25-30

















The Father Revealed in the Son

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Reflection:

So many trials and problems in life are ultimately hopeless that we have no one to lean on. Even our life is full of suffering, we should not forget that God sees us and He knows what we need.
Whatever it is that weighed you down with stress and worry, approach God in prayer because it allows us to cast our burdens on Him so that He can sustain us.


God can handle everything, that is why He said "If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest."


Ask Him to help you in everything. God can help you with your burdens, He can supply rest for your soul, for His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

Faith helps us to believe that God dwells in us every moment of our life and God is always ready and willing to help us in times of hardships and trials in life.


Let us be thankful to God our Father, because even we don't deserve anything, He loved us very much and willing to help us in everything.


Reflection question:

1. What are our 'baggages' as of this moment?
2. Are we open in surrendering our 'baggages' or  our attachments to Christ?




Ignatian Value : "Finding God in all things"























Join us again tomorrow for another day of reflection and prayer and find our inner Iggy.  AMDG !


No comments:

Post a Comment