St. Ignatius

St. Ignatius
Daily Ignatian Prayer and Reflection - Ateneo de Davao University Basic Education

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 9 of Ignatian Reflection

JULY 9, 2014 Wednesday  - Matthew 10:1-7 - Jesus Sends Out The Twelve
















“WHY ME?”

 This is the usual question that comes to our mind whenever we are asked to do something by someone especially if that something is unimaginable or difficult to be done. This must also be the same question that the disciples of Jesus asked when they were called to follow Him. Though it was not clear to them what to do and where to go, surprisingly, they still followed him. It is amazing to note that in spite of their ordinariness, Jesus chose them to be part of His mission. Jesus must have seen something extraordinary from these ordinary people. He used them to let people know what really the Kingdom of God is.  It is for those people who are willing to serve and be used for His greater glory. No matter what, no matter when. What does the gospel tell us today? It is amazing to note that Jesus chose those who are powerless, meek and ordinary to touch the lives of those who are abandoned and seemingly useless in the society.


The gospel reading today doesn’t speak about giving thanks nor asking for miracles to the Father. It speaks about the apostles being called by Jesus to be with Him in His mission. Each one of them has his story to tell; a story that speaks about life being used amazingly to touch more lives and make a difference. This, in turn, challenges me to serve Jesus in my own little way. Deep in my heart, I feel, that I am called to serve Him through the ministry of teaching. My daily encounter with my loved ones, pupils, teachers, and other people brings me closer to the road where He alone can put meaning and colors. “It was I who chose you”…Jesus chose me to work with Him in spite of my limitations and shortcomings as a person and as a teacher-leader. He loves me just the way I am. He saw greatness in my simplicity. He makes use of my imperfections so I can practice humility and integrity in life. And in return, serve him to the best of my ability. This is my story. And it continues as I journey with the Lord. What is your story? Is your story worth offering to Jesus? Will it make a difference in the lives of people? Would you like Jesus to write your own story of being called by him? Pray over it.


Let your days be filled with the Spirit of the Lord who continues to call us to follow Him in our day to day living.















Shared by: Ms. Analyn C. Cortez
Grade Level Coordinator - Grade One





Join us again tomorrow for another day of prayer and reflection and find our inner Iggy.









If you know someone who might be interested: MEET THE JESUITS : DISCERNMENT TALK. August 3, 2014 - Sunday from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm at the Loyola Hall-Jesuit Residence. Free Registration. Please text and call Br. Jeff Pioquinto, SJ for the registration : 0942-495-8651.



No comments:

Post a Comment