St. Ignatius

St. Ignatius
Daily Ignatian Prayer and Reflection - Ateneo de Davao University Basic Education

Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 11 of Ignatian Reflection

July 11, 2014 Friday  - Reflection on the Gospel Reading: Mt. 10: 16-23- Coming Persecution



















16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.


21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.


Reflection:

The reading gave us a sad and melancholic view of things to come. Apart of us doubts and we ask ourselves “Am I ready?” “Is this going to happen?. My growth as a Professional gave me insights of these questions. Being sent to different battle fields, not knowing on what to do, and yes like a sheep sent out in a field packed with adversities and challenges, moments of fear and anxieties, moments of uncertainties and coldness. “Am I ready for this?” reality is….. Its happening, every day I face challenges as a teacher. Wolves are the metaphorical characterization of various challenges we face. May it be our students, may it be our family or our Co-workers. Yet going back to the readings, a glimpse of hope can be read. It is Christ, who chose us, It Is God who called us, it also means He did not send us unarmed. A Sheep has always have a Shepherd so as not to get lost. The Greatest News is that we have the greatest Shepherd; giving us wisdom, endurance and most of all never letting us feel alone, there are wolves bigger than us and yet we have one Mighty God much mightier than the wolves around us.

Dear God, Thank you for this Day that I am able to fulfill my call as your child. Help me heed your call and be like a sheep obedient to the voice of its master. I may be weak and frail but with you nothing is impossible. All the things I have and I am is from you continue to inspire me as not to be tempted to act out of impulse of fear and anger, help me see you in everything and that I may be able to appreciate the beauty of life as its unfolds before my life. Amen.


Reflection questions:

1. How do we listen to God's call?
2. How strong is our faith  when we listen and follow His call?



Ignatian Value: Finding God In all Things




Reflection by: Edward James M. Mantos 



If you know someone who might be interested. MEET THE JESUITS - Discernment Talk.
























No comments:

Post a Comment