St. Ignatius

St. Ignatius
Daily Ignatian Prayer and Reflection - Ateneo de Davao University Basic Education

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 3 Ignatian Reflection #Magis

July 2014 - John 20:24–25 : Jesus appears before Thomas
















24 Now Thomas, zcalled the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

Reflection:

I strongly believe that our Faith in Jesus Christ is tested by the kind of relationship we have with Him. The moment we accept Him already shows that we are willing to be like Him in many different ways. I do believe in Him that He offered His life for us and that He is the Messiah and the Son of God, but what if, we did not know any of these, would we be willing to know and be open for a relationship with Him?

John 20: 24- 25 is the account of Thomas, called Didymus.  He did not believe when his fellow disciples told him that Jesus came out in one of their meetings after He died. Simply because he did not see, touch, smell or hear Jesus since he was not present during their meeting. Remember that  a genuine belief in Jesus, is such that even though He is not physically seen, I  believe because He has His own ways. The Life story of Jesus was told a long time ago, but I believe in Him and His teachings up until now. And I ask myself this, “Why do I still believe in Him?”

Everything that I do, reflects my deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. All decisions I make reflect my faith  in Him. He taught me how to respect women. He taught me how to give thanks to the Lord, our God. He taught me how to love and care for other people. He taught me how to pray and believe in God because He will always listen. All these were done through the people He sent to make me the person I am today such as my loving parents and family, caring teachers, amazing classmates, club mates and friends.

I believe that my relationship with Jesus is yet a work in progress  because I'm still learning more about His life and teachings with the guidance of my parents.  The teachings of Jesus  made a big impact in my teenage life. Jesus taught me how to be a better person.  He has changed me into a better person.

Reflection Questions:

How about you? How has Jesus changed your life?


What life lessons have you learned thus far because of Him?


St. Ignatius of Loyola, pray for us.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.


















Shared by: Rey F. Canedo Jr
Grade 8-Xavier













Please join us again tomorrow for another day of reflection and prayer so as we can find our inner Iggy.  #Magis



1 comment: