St. Ignatius

St. Ignatius
Daily Ignatian Prayer and Reflection - Ateneo de Davao University Basic Education

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 8 of Ignatian Reflection

July 08, 2014-  Matthew 9:32-38 - Nothing like this has ever been seen.











32 While they were going out, a man who was demon-possessed and could not talk was brought to Jesus. 33 And when the demon was driven out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowd was amazed and said, “Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.”
34 But the Pharisees said, “It is by the prince of demons that he drives out demons.”

The Workers Are Few 

35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”


Reflection:


“His heart was moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd.”

I am deeply touched in this line. Sometimes, I feel pity whenever, I compare myself to others. I am not blessed materially. Me and my husband are ordinary employees only. 

There are times when I wanted to give my children what they want, but I always tell them to prioritize what they need. My life is not perfect, my house is in big trouble right now, I must pay Pag-Ibig the soonest possible time. I am in debt to some people.

Despite all these troubles, I am still in great gratitude on the countless times that God made me feel I am blessed. Firstly, I have a job. Ateneo is such a blessing especially on educating my children. My work as a teacher in Kinder brings joy and laughter to my life. 

For every moment I am with little Kids, I am indeed surrounded with Angels. My colleagues love and support is incomparable. Truly, my treasure chest may not be filled, but I am full of love and joy which no one can take away from me.

For all that has been and for all that will, I put my trust in the Lord, who is my Sheperd.




Shared by: Mary Myradz T. Daytic




No comments:

Post a Comment